Columbus’ minor league baseball franchise, the Clippers, knows that it takes more than just the game to draw fans into Huntington Park. The ballpark experience is designed to keep us constantly entertained, regardless of how engaged we are in the game or how slow the play is. That’s because ballparks understand that coming to the game is all about more than just Baseball. Sure, the game is the reason we came, but the experience is the reason we stayed. And Huntington Park’s Party-At-The-Park events keep us coming back for more.
Baseball fans can enjoy Party-At-The-Park every Friday and Saturday home game throughout the season. It features live music from 5:40-7:00 p.m. in the right plaza as soon as the gates open, right until the first pitch is thrown. Check out the Clippers’ website for a full list of performing bands.
Fridays also feature food and beverage specials. What sounds better than starting off your weekend in the sunny stadium right in the heart of the Arena District with a cold drink and some classic ballpark food?
But don’t limit your visits to just Fridays and Saturdays, Huntington Park has a lot to offer on the weekdays as well. When you can’t make it for Party-At-The-Park, there’s still a few more chances to have a great time and get a great deal.
The Clippers’ home game schedule of events:
Sundays: Bob Evans Family Day
• Family tickets can be purchased for $15 and include 2 Adult Admissions and 4 Youth Admissions.
• After the game, kids are invited to run the bases on the field as a part of “Commit to Be Fit.”
Mondays: Dime-A-Dog Nights
• Come with your friends — and your appetite. Hotdogs are just (you guessed it) 10 cents all night.
Tuesdays: City Barbeque Buck-a-Bone Night
• Get there early so you don’t miss City Barbeque’s famous ribs 4 for $5!
Wednesdays: Roosters Wing Crush Wednesdays
• Indulge in half price boneless wings!
Thursdays: Thirsty/Throwback Thursdays
• Drink specials include 32 oz. Domestic Draft Beer for $9.75. If you’re one of the first 1,000 fans in the door and a HOMAGE lover – you will also have the chance to be entered into a raffle for a free throwback Clippers shirt.
With so many exciting events going on through the week and during the Party-At-The-Park weekends, there’s a little something for everyone at Huntington Park. If you’re looking for a fun way to enjoy the nice weather, check out the Columbus Clippers this summer.
Which Huntington Park events will be on your calendar this season? Tweet us or share in the comments below!